The following definitions are used in this Policy:
Oland Home / we / our
a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 1202 1895 and whose registered office address is at Windsor House, Station Court, Station Road, Great Shelford, Cambridge CB22 5NE;
Data Protection Laws
means any applicable laws relating to the processing, privacy, and use of Personal Data, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011 (SI 2426/2003) and all equivalent and corresponding national legislation, applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of Personal Data and privacy, including where applicable the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office; and
means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a “Data Subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person and where referred to in this policy includes the special categories of Personal Data as set out in Article 9 of the GDPR.
2. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
Information you give to us. This is information about you that you give to us by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. From time to time, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following: details of your name, company name, address, telephone/facsimile number(s) and e-mail address. We may also ask for financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any telephone number used to call our customer service number.
We may use ‘cookies’ while you access the Site to avoid the need to re-enter details on different occasions. If you do not wish to receive ‘cookies’, you may change the settings on your computer or browser accordingly. For more information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy below.
4. Use made of this information
We will only use your Personal Data to the extent that the law allows us to do so. Under the GDPR we require a lawful basis to process your Personal Data. Most commonly we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you; and
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- for the processing of an enquiry made by you;
- to process a request for information about a property or in response to you having expressed an interest in one or more of our products or services;
- providing your information to our marketing department who may contact you by post, telephone or email to request feedback and comments on our products/services or to provide information to you which may be of interest to you;
- providing your information to our agents and service providers for purposes set out in this policy; and
- if applicable, to process your application for employment and, if you agree to this, we shall then retain a copy of your CV in case of suitable future opportunities.
5. Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or about which you have enquired;
- provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text message) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this and if you do not want us to use your Personal Data you will be able to withdraw your consent by contacting us using the contact details contained in section 13.
- notify you about changes to our products or services; and
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
6. Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
7. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
- selected third parties including: business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose Personal Data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Oland Home or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred asset; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oland Home, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than for the reasons set out above, we will not transfer or sell your Personal Data to any third parties without your prior consent.
8. Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Retention of your Personal Data
We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected your Personal Data, taking into account any legal obligation imposed upon us under UK law.
10. Your Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a ‘subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Persona Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your Personal Data, object to the processing of your Personal Data, or request that we transfer a copy of your Personal Data to another party, please contact us using the details provided in section 13
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
11. Right to lodge a complaint with information commissioner’s office (“ICO”)
If you have any complaints about the way in which we process your Personal Data please do contact us using the details provided in section 13. Alternatively you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the ICO. Our ICO registration number is ZA535291.